Translation quality: a top priority
Quality is paramount in our agency and is mainly based on the process described in the European standard EN 15038:
- Our translators undergo a translation test during the recruitment process.
- They translate exclusively into their mother tongue.
- An in-depth proofreading process is performed by a 2nd translator of equivalent skill.
A professional translation must be true to the customer’s source document and use simple grammatical structures reflecting the original style of the source document.
Further to document translation services, ABALIS also provides multiple support services such as localisation and the review or proofreading of written content (see « Our Support Services »).
Managing projects from A to Z
One or several project managers are able to manage projects from the quote through to final delivery. In some cases, a single project manager may be allocated to a customer.
Each of the agency’s project managers precisely defines the subject of the source document(s) and their nature during the initial quote request. They will then contact an available translator specialised in this field. The project manager also carries out an upstream technical review of the files during the technical study, which may lead to exchanges with our customers. This technical study in particular helps guarantee that the page layout of the translated document is identical to that of the source document.
In order to ensure translation consistency, we make sure that the same translator performs all the translations for the same customer in a precise field.
Moreover, in order to take on large-scale projects, we form translation and proofreading teams to help meet the needs of our customers (e.g.: deadline restrictions, etc.).
The vast size of our « translator network » also enables us to take on many urgent requests.
In-depth knowledge in your field
ABALIS is capable of understanding all subject areas. A few examples are cited below:
- in the communication and marketing field: websites, brochures, in-house magazines, articles and press releases, advertising slogans;
- in the technical field: technical manuals, test reports, specifications;
- in the quality field: quality manuals, health, safety and the environment;
- in the legal and financial field: framework agreements, general conditions of purchase, accounting documents, financial reports;
- sworn translations: commercial register extracts, articles of association or notarial deeds, etc.
Systematic translation memory and glossary management
In line with our continuous quality improvement approach, ABALIS’ technical team builds translation memories per language and per field, progressively with each multilingual project, and archives these on a server following an IT data security and recording process. Our expert translators use the translation memories to ensure the consistency of translations over time and to provide coherent international communications. In order to guarantee a successful translation, a glossary of terms is created at the beginning of each partnership and is subject to joint validation by ABALIS and the customer. Furthermore, aware of its customers’ requirements in terms of style, ABALIS has set up a customer-specific style charter with its « translator network », used to guarantee maintenance of the desired writing style.
Would you like to receive a detailed quote?
- Send us your request by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or use the quote request form on the home page.