1. A strict, permanent confidentiality process
ABALIS TRADUCTION has been working for many years to ensure strict compliance with the confidential nature of the source documents transmitted by its customers and exercises the greatest discretion during interpreting assignments performed for the latter.
Within the scope of a customer partnership, a standard « confidentiality agreement » is proposed to establish a trust-based relationship.
In order to guarantee secure transfer of data from its customers, ABALIS provides a file transfer platform (accessible in 11 languages) http://www.extranet-abalis.com/ with possible data encryption.
2. A quality assessment process
Before entering into a partnership, ABALIS offers a free appraisal service analysing its customers’ source and target documents in their native format using translation memories. When first entering into a partnership, reference documents can be sent in the source and target languages to generate translation memories. This process helps ensure consistent quality and may result in the creation of a reference glossary of terms between the customer and ABALIS. Style aspects are also taken into account during this step.
3. A reliable management process for multilingual projects
– requests are received at a single address email@example.com or at http://www.extranet-abalis.com/;
– requests are recorded and allocated a file number DXXXX with instant transmission of a confirmation message to the customer;
– a project manager is appointed, the technical study is launched and the quote is generated;
– the signed agreement is received at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at +33 (0)2 38 22 65 01;
– a project launch confirmation message is recorded and sent under the project number DXXXX providing the provisional delivery deadline for the translation and/or interpreting assignment;
– the agreement and/or order is reviewed (e.g.: verification of the source documents, language combinations and reference glossaries);
– the translation project is launched and/or the interpreting assignment is prepared with the network of experts and according to the language combinations and/or subject areas of the multilingual project;
– page layout works for the translated documents;
– the translations are systematically checked/reviewed by a second professional translator specialised in the field and proofreading into their mother tongue;
– technical/commercial assistance during interpreting assignments;
– delivery from email@example.com or at http://www.extranet-abalis.com/.
4. A strict selection process for specialised translators and interpreters
In order to guarantee optimal quality, we recruit all of our external translators according to a strict process compliant with standard EN 15038:
- receipt of the C.V.,
- test and/or assessment order according to the language combinations and areas of expertise,
- signature of a « confidentiality agreement »,
- recording in our database per language combination, specialisation, subject area and sector of activity,
- surveillance and scoring (A, B, C system).
5. A continuous improvement process
The weekly monitoring of our « Continuous Improvement Plan » enables us to maintain an optimum quality level in all our approaches.